Saturday, September 19 and Sunday, September 20, 2015
Come ride our vintage passenger and freight trains on the former Illinois Central and Illinois Terminal main lines.
- One of the trains will feature the Museum's restored steam locomotive 401.
- Ride freight and passenger trains from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
- Use the Caboose Hop between the Nelson's Crossing depot and the yard to visit the shops and view additional exhibits.
- Ride a motorcar to White Heath; experience the rails just like maintenance workers of the past.
- Expanded children's area, including Hodge Pedal Car rides.
- The Museum's gift shop is open throughout the event for all your souvenir needs. Our concession area serves hot dogs, hamburgers, Polish sausage, chips, cold drinks and more.
Gates open at 9 a.m. each day. Trains run continuously from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last train departures are around 4 p.m. each day.
ALL-DAY TICKETS – ride as many times as you want! Children under 2 ride FREE with paying adult or senior.
You must have a ticket to access the Museum grounds. This event takes place rain or shine. All ticket sales are final.
|Adults and Seniors||$20.00|
|Children (2 through 12)||$10.00|
|Children (under 2)||Free (with adult fare)|