Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18, 2016
Come ride our vintage passenger and freight trains on the former Illinois Central and Illinois Terminal main lines.
- One of the trains will feature the Museum's restored steam locomotive 401.
- Ride freight and passenger trains from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
- Use the Caboose Hop between the Nelson's Crossing depot and the yard to visit the shops and view additional exhibits.
- Ride a motorcar down our tracks and experience the rails just like maintenance workers of the past.
- Expanded children's area, including Hodge Pedal Car rides.
- The Museum's gift shop is open throughout the event for all your souvenir needs. Our concession area serves delicious meals for adults and kids, chips, cold drinks and more.
- Helicopter rides. Note that helicopter rides are an extra price item, and are NOT included in your day pass.
Gates open at 9 a.m. each day. Trains run continuously from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last train departures are around 4 p.m. each day.
ALL-DAY TICKETS – ride as many times as you want! Children under 2 ride FREE with paying adult or senior.
You must have a ticket to access the Museum grounds. This event takes place rain or shine. All ticket sales are final.
|Adults and Seniors||$20.00|
|Children (2 through 12)||$10.00|
|Children (under 2)||Free (with adult fare)|