September 21-22, 2013
Come ride our vintage passenger and freight trains on the former Illinois Central and Illinois Terminal trackage.
- One of the trains will feature steam locomotive #401.
- Ride freight and passenger trains from 10:00AM to 5:00PM each day.
- Use the Caboose Hop between the Nelson's Crossing depot and the yard to visit the shops and view additional exhibits.
- Motorcar rides to White Heath; experience the rails just like maintenance workers of the past.
- Stair Tower, with formal dedication on Saturday at 2PM.
- The River Ramblers Bluegrass Band.
- G scale live steam.
- O scale train layout.
- Locomotive horn display.
- Operation Lifesaver.
- Norfolk Southern Locomotive Display.
- Norfolk Southern Locomotive simulator -- Sunday Only.
- BMW car display -- Saturday Only.
Expanded children's area to include:
- Hodge Peddle Car ride.
- Children's bounce house.
- Face painting.
- Hit and miss engine ice cream maker.
- Barrel train ride.
- Hobo camp.
- The museum's gift shop will be open for all your souvenir needs.
- Concessions - including hot dogs, hamburgers, polish sausage, cold drinks and more.
Gates open at 9:00AM each day.
Trains run continuosly 10:00AM - 5:00PM each day.
This event happens rain or shine.
ALL-DAY TICKETS - As many rides as you want!
You must have a ticket to access the grounds.
All ticket sales final.
$18 for adults
$10 for children ages 2-12
Children under 2 are FREE