We have several special events planned for 2013 at the Monticello Railway Museum. Trains also operate weekends from May through October — see the schedule for details. Different fares may apply to special events.
- Throttle Time - Weekends in April and November with dates in between: Run our train!
- 401 in Steam - Weekends from May through October: Ride behind our 1907 steam locomotive!
- School Days - May 7th and 8th: An opportunity for school children to ride a full-sized diesel-powered train.
- Throw Momma on the Train - May 11th & 12th: Make this Mother's Day special — treat Mom to a relaxing ride with her family on our vintage train.
- Father's Day Weekend - June 15th & 16th: Dads ride FREE when accompanied by their children!
- Fireworks Special - July 3rd: See the Monticello fireworks without worrying about traffic.
- Railroad Days - September 21th & 22th: Come ride our vintage passenger and freight trains on the former Illinois Central and Illinois Terminal trackage.
- Ghost Train - October 19th-20th, 25th-27th: ALL ages can enjoy a train ride through Camp Creek Hollow with a stop at Cemetery Road... but only the BRAVE should check out our Haunted Boxcar!
- The Polar Express™ - November 29th - 30th & and December 1st, 6th and 7th: Read along with the story as the train makes its round-trip journey to the North Pole. Tickets go on sale June 1, 2013.
- Lunch with Santa on the Train - December 7th & 8th: Enjoy a train ride, individual visit with Santa, and kid-friendly sack lunch. This event is hosted by the Monticello Chamber of Commerce.